Friday, June 11, 2010

They said it! 15 Funny Sports Quotes

They are successful, they are admired, they are what every young kid wants to be like, but they are also HUMAN! I have compiled a list of the 15 funniest quotes by our favorite athletes.



Chuck Nevitt - Former NC State Center
"My sister is expecting a baby, and I don't know if i'm going to be an uncle or aunt." (When his coach asked him why he was nervous during practice)

Jason Kidd - Dallas Mavericks Basketball player
"We are going to turn this team around 360 degrees"

Shaquille O'Neal - NBA Center
"I can't really remember the names of all the clubs we went to." (After a reporter asked him if he visited the Parthenon in Greece)

Yogi Berra - Former NY Yankees Catcher
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Joe Theissman - Former Washington Redskins QB
"You can't call anybody who plays Football a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein."

Dennis Rodman - Former Chicago Bulls Forward
"Chemistry is a class you take in High School or College where you figure out that 2 plus 2 is 10, or something."

Lee Trevino - Golfer
"Your nerves, your memory, and I can't remember the third thing." (When asked what are three things that go as a golfer ages).

Greg Norman - Golfer
"I owe a lot to my parents. Especially my mother and father."

Doug Collins - Former NBA Coach
"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."

Charles Shackleford - Former NCSU Basketball Player
"Left hand, Right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."

Tito Fuentes - Former MLB Second Baseman
"They shouldn't throw at me. I'm the father of 5 or 6 children" (After getting hit by pitch)

Winston Bennett - Former University of Kentucky Basketball Forward
"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body"

Ralph Kiner - NY Mets Announcer
"The Mets just had their first .500 or better April since July of 1992"


Reggie Jackson - Former NY Yankees Right Fielder
"The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play"


Donovan McNabb - Former Philadelphia Eagles QB
"Whatever happened in the past... hopefully it's over"

###

Images by

2 comments:

  1. First Time I understand very well about these facts from your post I hope I will soon greater replace thoroughly in future
    Such an informative and splendid blog I've ever read please keep sharing your mind. thanks for sharing this informative blog.
    ScratchUndo Pro
    SaniBand Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this informative blog with us. Find out the best Customized & Personalized Gifts in UAE on Etisalat yellowpages.

    ReplyDelete